Raw Chocolate Banana Mousse Cake By Kim Morrison and Cyndi O’Meara
This is absolutely positively one of the easiest and yummiest desserts of all. And considering how healthy it is and how good it tastes you will be amazed at how easy it is to convince people that healthy food can be positively indulging!
1 cup soaked almonds (soak for 2
hours in water, then drain)
½ cup pitted dates
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp Himalayan (or sea) salt
4-5 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup dessicated coconut
2 tsp vanilla essence or 1 vanilla
¼ tsp Himalayan (or sea) salt
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp raw honey
2 cacao wafers
1. Place all base ingredients into a food processor and blend until roughly ground.
2. In a spring form round tin press the mix into the base firmly and evenly.
3. Wipe out the blender and add all the ingredients for the middle layer. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour this mixture into cake tin and spread evenly
5. Place tin in freezer to set the layer.
6. Meanwhile add the top layer ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
7. Add this mixture to the tin and smooth to create a nice clean and even surface.
8. Garnish with some fresh fruit or berries.
9. Pop back into the freezer and leave to set for a couple hours. This will make it easier to slice and serve.
Serves up to 16 slices
This delicious recipe has been contributed by Kim Morrison and Cyndi O’Meara from their new eBook –
53 Shades of Chocolate available under eBooks at www.twenty8.com