The art of packing consciously for your next adventure can never be underestimated. It can save you enormous amounts of space, money and unnecessary purchases, which are usually bought out of desperation. In those moments, we rarely have the time to source the best option. So, the more organized we can be with reusable and eco-friendly items, the more likely it is that we can save our time and money for site-seeing and adventure!
1. Cheeki tea flask. These flasks are the perfect size and have a built in strainer so you can take your favourite loose leaf tea with you. They are BPA-free and will keep your tea warm for up to 12 hours. No more disposable cups and, bonus, cafes will often be happy to fill up your tea flask with hot water for free. http://www.cheeki.net.au/products/tea-flasks/
2. Vinegar spray. This is great for disinfecting cutlery, crockery and anything else you would like to clean – I just add some vinegar and water to a little spray bottle and keep it in my handbag.
3. Twenty8 Skincare spritzer. A spritzer for the plane with filtered water and a couple of drops of ‘Detox and Revive’ essential oil blend is perfect to rehydrate the face while on the plane and revive you whenever you need during the trip. http://www.twenty8.com
4. Bamboo wrap. Perfect on the plane and for that extra bit of warmth throughout the trip. http://www.bamboovillage.com.au
5. Organic cotton basics that can be layered easily. Bestowed have a beautiful selection. http://www.sustainablefashion.com.au
6. Filtered water bottle. The one I use is the Fill2Pure stainless steel water filter bottle, which reduces up to 99.9999% of harmful bacteria, chemicals, fluoride and chlorine as well as some viruses and diseases. You can find it at www.biome.com.au
7. Coconut Oil. Perfect for cleansing, moisturising, removing eye-make up, oil-pulling in the mornings, as a hair treatment or even to cook with if you are staying in self-contained accommodation. Just make sure it is sealed in your luggage!
8. Organic Citronella Oil. If you are spending time outdoors, this is a great addition to your luggage to keep away mosquitoes.
9. Travel towel. A compact micro fibre towel that dries fast and has antibacterial properties. Even if you are staying in hotels that will provide linen, this can be great for freshening up during stop-overs. http://www.kathmandu.com.au
10. Inflatable cushion. The Mobile Meditator inflatable cushion is perfect if you like to meditate while travelling and prefer to sit on something to do so. It can also double as a travel pillow, camping seat, lumber support and more. You can find more information on my favourite one here: www.mobilemeditor.com and you can purchase it here: www.innerpath.com
Happy Eco Travels!