- Look your best. Be well groomed. Wear colours that suit you. Avoid wearing black or white as colour emits energy. Block colours work best. Don’t wear clinky jewellery or shimmery jewellery. If you put on too many accessories it will distract the viewer from your message. If you don’t wear makeup, at least put on some coloured lipstick and bronzer. I highly recommend NAS cosmetic natural products. https://www.nascosmetics.com.au/
- Use a lapel microphone. This will ensure your audio quality. I use the Boya lapel microphone. You can purchase it from Amazon.com.au
- Use the natural lighting near an open window. Make sure the light is not coming in behind you, as it will be too dark. If you are filming outside the best time to film is in the golden hour, which is one hour after sunrise or one hour before sunrise. Filming on an overcast day will be perfect lighting too.
- A logitech webcam will dramatically improve the quality of your videos if you are using the computer. If you are using your phone, use the back camera as the quality is 10 x better. In other words; opposite to selfie-mode. Do a test run and set a ruler on the floor where you need to stand. If you have an iphone 11 the back and front camera are similar quality and you have the option to film in 4K which is cinematic quality.
- Position yourself in the middle of the frame. Film from waist up if you can although it’s a bit tricky if you are doing a video without a tripod when you are out and about.
- 80% of communication is body language – so film from the waist up. It’s okay to use your hands but don’t put them in front of your face or right in front of the camera.
- Record videos on your phone on landscape if you wish to repurpose these videos for your Youtube channel, website, Linkedin, etc. If you are doing a fb live or a fb live interview have your phone on landscape.
- Film videos on your phone or computer and send a video message to your kids/partner or friends and just say; “Hi, thinking of you.”
- Create a Video Test Facebook group to practice doing a fb live and getting familiar with all the buttons on your phone, the filters. Also, go live using your computer to get familiar with all the buttons, settings etc.
- Practise, practise, practise. Join the next 30 day video challenge and get practice to articulate your message, get support, encouragement and feedback on your videos. You will learn the technology to edit, and network with entrepreneurs all over the world and get confident on camera.
Facebook and Instagram take square videos. Record your videos with your phone horizontal.
You can edit your landscape videos in inshot to put the banners at the top and bottom to create a square video.
If you have an important message you want to share with the world and you are ready to step up, show up and speak up but need help with your video marketing I invite you to book a free chat with me – http://www.meetme.so/melissagroom
Shine your soul bright, the world needs you.
Connect with me on Facebook for more video marketing tips