It’s so close to the end of the year & it’s had its highs and lows. I don’t know about you, but I’ve decided to start mine with a bang with a full body recharge & cleanse.
I’m feeling more motivated then ever to start a fresh and wipe the slate clean, I recently reminded myself that we always have a chance to start over.
I have a quote from Buddha on my wall: “No matter how hard the past, you can always start again.”
My new way forward is about simplifying & cultivating change not only in my life but in the lives of others.
We can hit that reset button whenever we choose, often we’re so stuck in our own road we are unable to see it clearly ahead, but I’m here to share with you that you do not need to know what’s around the corner, all you need to do is focus on where you are right now in this present moment.
Like you, I have been caught up in many emotions and notions this year, so let’s look how we can simplify our lives, one step at the time with my 5 top tips for you:
- Firstly allocate 4 piles that you’re going to work with: donate, sell, give away and throw away
- Look at one area in your house, start with one cupboard at time, I suggest starting with the kitchen pantry, it’s amazing what you’ll find in there, wipe down jars, throw away out of date items & wipe the shelves down.
- Go through your clothes, try on and sort out what you wear compared to what you don’t, be realistic and honest, call a friend to help make you accountable, if you haven’t worn it in over a year then you’re probably not going to wear it at all.
- Decide on one thing you would like to do for yourself at the beginning of each week, make it your number one thing to gift yourself some time and space to be with you.
- This should actually be number 1, look at what you’re eating and keep a food diary for 7 days of everything you consume. Is there anything there you can cut down on, change or review?
By starting with these basics, we begin to create change in our lives one step at a time. It doesn’t have to be difficult or overwhelming, all we need to do is focus on what’s important right now in the moment.
I’m looking forward to connecting next month and guiding you to greater health, healing, and happiness.