A flower or tree in full, majestic bloom is such a sight to behold. I especially love to see the Illawarra Flame Tree when it has transformed from a beautiful green tree into one covered in spectacular flame-red flowers. A healthy flame tree will truly show off its ability to flourish when the season is right for the stunning red flowers to bloom. And of course, the flame tree ‘will guide the weary driver‘ according to an iconic Aussie song. It is a testament to the possibilities of transformation.
Sometimes our natural ability to flourish is thwarted. Unfortunately, certain things can stand in the way of us being our healthiest, happiest selves living a thriving life while coping well with the inevitable challenges we face. After decades of exploring what it takes to thrive and flourish, and what is needed for transformation, I have discovered that you must;
- commit to transcending and permanently departing toxic comfort zones
- resolve disempowering beliefs and programs you unconsciously have running
- believe in your ability to discover what your full potential is, and what you can achieve in your life
- align yourself with your heart’s path
- heal unresolved trauma
- keep your mindset aligned with the truth of what you are truly capable of
To help you with this last point, I have developed a technique that I call A Flourishing Mindset. This involves choosing to observe your thought patterns and choosing to only have a harmonious relationship with your mind. We do get to choose our mindset. Your mind (just like your body and your spirit) is a powerful aspect of yourself that you can use to your great advantage, or not. To choose a flourishing mindset is to train yourself to set healthy boundaries for your mind and avoid using it in ways that feed negative thoughts, pessimism, doom and gloom or powerlessness.
To have a flourishing mindset is to set the following three intentions and boundaries for how you use your mind;
- My energy and my focus is precious, and I choose to only focus on: what’s meaningful to me, what I find fun and nourishing, my goals and dreams, whatever adds to my life, what is possible, creating positive change when needed, and creatively developing, changing or accepting my shortcomings
- I choose to see: all of my efforts towards a goal as a form of success, life’s hurdles as opportunities for growth and learning, that difficult setbacks can be eventually overcome and/or accepted
- I actively choose to gently redirect my attention (to something life affirming or neutral) whenever I notice myself: projecting into a dark, hopeless or scary future; engaging in self-loathing, repetitive self-criticising, mentally complaining, dwelling on lack or personal weaknesses; or repetitively mentally re-living stressful or unhappy past events
Of course, it’s not always easy to choose to be positive and optimistic. My life’s mission is to help others create a flourishing life. Because of this passion and drive I have created tools, techniques and even a modality called Inner Wisdom Method to help my clients get to the root causes of what is preventing them from thriving and flourishing. I am honoured to provide holistic counselling, resilience coaching, trauma healing, kinesiology sessions and various kinds of mentoring. Book your session now, so that moving forward you can embrace transformation and live a flourishing life.