It’s not who you know, it’s who knows you.
Have you ever felt dis-heartened when you have posted a video online and you get 15 views? You poured your heart and soul into the video and shared amazing content but hardly anyone saw it, let alone commented or engaged with you as a result?
I have found that having a video marketing strategy to get more views on your videos is crucial to ensure all of your hard efforts of getting camera ready and preparing your script to deliver your best presentation don’t go to waste.
MY TOP 10 TIPS TO GET MORE VIEWS ON YOUR VIDEOS
- Publish your videos natively. In other words, upload your video straight to facebook. Don’t share a link from youtube. Unless it is into your own facebook group.
- Publish your videos on youtube. It is the second largest search engine.
- Use key-phrases in your titles and description of your videos on youtube and facebook. Don’t just upload a video on facebook with no description. Create a mini blog post – or at least a few sentences to entice people to stop scrolling. Include transcripts with your videos which helps the search engines know what your video is about.
- Add captions to your videos. 80% of people watch videos with the sound off. They are at work, in bed, in the living room with others.
- Use a lapel microphone or your earplugs that have an inbuilt microphone, use an LED light to light up your face, and show up looking your best – well groomed. Add some colour to make you pop. A scarf, lipstick or a bright coloured shirt.
- Find Niche communities to share your video in. Reach out to strategic alliances that have your target market and offer to run your Masterclass or free training in. Don’t sit back and wait for opportunities to come to you.
- Hook them in the first 5 – 10 seconds by asking them a question or telling them what the video is going to be about. Don’t waste this crucial time introducing yourself.
- Make sure you are adding value by offering a solution to their problem.
- Also do personal videos so people get to know who you are, not just as the expert. It’s called relationship marketing. Hang out on Instagram and watch the stories all the influencers share everyday to their followers. Their follows feel like they are their friends and when they release a product, service or event their followers want to buy from them because they want to support their friends and also keep up with the latest trends.
- Share your videos on your stories on your facebook profile and business page. As well as instagram.
Email out your videos to your database. Including a video in your email can improve click rates by 65%. The average email click rate is 2.69% Including a video in your email or a link to a video can boost click through rates by 65%.
Do your videos consistently every week.
Look at what Marie Forleo has achieved with Marie TV – the place to be for Q&A Tuesday for the past 8 years. Ask your viewers to tap follow on facebook. Create facebook events to train them for the first few months that you will be doing a video every Monday at 4:30pm like my client Barbie Cawthan does on Mums in Business Australia, sharing her Feng Shui Tips and Trish Springsteen with her Communication skills.
Create eye-catching images to promote your videos on social media to announce your topic, when and where they can watch it.
Incentivize your viewers for watching your videos and engaging with your videos. The more comments you get on facebook, the more people facebook will show your video to in their newsfeed. Do mini giveaways or offer a free gift, a meditation or a complimentary discovery call with you.
Host a watch party on your personal profile, business page, or in your groups as facebook automatically notifies your friends and followers you are showing a video.
Use the Premier option on facebook for your pre-recorded videos as they go out as if they are live and facebook notifies your followers that you will be going live and then notifies them again when you are live.
Ask people to share it!
If you have an important message you want to share with the world and you are ready to step up, show up and speak up but need help with your video marketing I invite you to book a free chat with me – http://www.meetme.so/melissagroom
Shine your soul bright, the world needs you.
Connect with me on Facebook for more video marketing tips
FAVOURITE APPS & EQUIPMENT
Zoom Pro for livestreaming, interviews, online summits, virtual backgrounds.
Canva – creating virtual backgrounds for your live videos on Zoom. In the templates choose zoom backgrounds or video thumbnail size works too.
Logitech 922 Webcam