I call it inner goddess, but it’s called different names – higher self, soul self, intuition, etc.
How do we discern between the voice of goddess within vs ego/mind?
Our mind is a beautiful machine working to protect us day in day out based on what it learned from past experiences such as: self-limiting beliefs, dysfunctional patterns, or expectations.
Its main function is to protect us, but it learns to alarm us for anything new, different, or in uncharted territory as we grow older. The mind plays in the lower dimensional fields – the THIRD dimension to keep us safe. It holds us in a controlled and contracted state. It’s the language of FEAR.
Some of the ways my ego tries to protect me and not move forward:
- Oh, how are you gonna do it? You will be all alone?
- Well, you can’t make enough money if you change. Stay where you are.
- What if you fail?
- Nobody believes in this healing stuff – you won’t be able to help others.
- Why do you want to do it when you are already in a secured job?
- Why do you want to move out of your marriage when you know you will be all alone?
- Why don’t you settle down with what you have?
- It is not for you. You won’t be able to succeed as others.
- You should feel lucky to be in this relationship, in this job, be in this country.
- You’re not worthy of having financial abundance as it’s not for everyone.
- You should be in control – I have figured out everything, and there is a roadmap to follow.
- There is no room to grow as security/safety is important.
- What will others say about you?
- Others will mock you if you run your own business. Etc, etc
Inner GODDESS knows who you are.
It is not based on any limiting beliefs. It’s the language of LOVE and compassion. It has your highest interest at hand and knows what’s best for you.
The highest interest doesn’t mean it’s easy and comfortable. It’s the voice of expansion, and expansion isn’t a rosy journey.It asks you to step into your power which feels uncomfortable.
It asks you to make changes based on the unknown future.
It asks you to release the expectation of how it will turn out.
It doesn’t push you but doesn’t stop nudging you either.
It asks you to do things without a roadmap, without conditions, and without promising anything.
It doesn’t have any what-ifs, just a gentle poke that shows you the way to live your life to the highest potential.
It will never ask you to do something out of resentment, anger, fear, guilt, or shame.
It knows who you are, your potential, your best interests, your expansive essence.
When next time you hear voices of FEAR and LOVE – know that you can discern it.
- Is that TRUE?
- Is it based on my own limiting belief?
- Is it based on what I experienced in the past?
- Is it aligned to my inner desire?
- Is it based on attachment or judgment?
- Is it a nudge based on TRUST even when I don’t know how to navigate?
- Does it show me only the next step and not the entire plan?
We can navigate as we start healing and move towards the guidance of our higher self. Initially, it will be complicated, messy and you would like to cower in or start negotiating with your Higher-self.
Gradually, we will reach a stage of allowing and surrendering – letting go of the control.
We will trust the goddess within and counsel with ego when needed.
And ego fades in the background, becoming the powerful tool that helps us only when asked for warnings/cautions – turning to that less jumpy, control freak entity.
I wish you peace and strength.