Often in my work with clients I hear them say “What do I need to know? My guides have abandoned me. I feel all alone. Tell me, what do I need to know and do.” They are looking for answers externally and have forgotten how to trust their own knowingness, their own awareness about their life. The intuitive mentoring sessions that clients have with me are about guiding them to come back to themselves, to reconnect with their own knowing and to listen to their own truth.
What happens is we get caught up in life and get busy being busy that we can feel disconnected from ourselves, feel disconnected from listening and hearing our own truth. We can feel as though our guides, angels and spirit are no longer there and that they aren’t listening to us.
What I have learnt is that this busyness of life has kept us so full and in our heads that we have not made any time to stop and connect to our heart space. The space where our guides, angles, spirit, our own true self speaks to us. It is up to us to make to the time to stop, to reconnect, to have self care time. It is within this space that we can access our knowing. It is great to have a mentor to guide you and remind you that when you stop and come back to self, you will have all you need.
There are many strategies that you can use to come back to self. I often find it is the simplest strategies that are the most effective and sustainable. I always suggest to clients to use what they know they will be able to continually use and it wont feel like they are just trying to fit another thing in.
Here area some practical suggestions to get you started in coming back to self:
- Firstly, give yourself permission to make time just for you. Know that you are important and that having the space to stop and look at your schedule and where you can make changes is important to your self care.
- Stop and look at your weekly schedule and be real with yourself. Where are you filling your days and weeks up with stuff. What can you let go of? What can you shuffle about? Where can you get creative with your time?
- Making time for you doesn’t have to be hours or full days, it can be 15 minutes or an hour. The idea is to find and make time for you.
- What is it that you need right now? This can be a tough one, especially if you haven’t given yourself the space to look or even ask yourself this. Be honest with yourself. You don’t need to go solving any of it right now. Its time to start with being honest with what is needed to bring yourself back to you.
- Make a list of what you enjoy and what you would love to do with your time for you. It could be having a cuppa sitting outside, it could be laying down for an hr, it could be preparing a snack for yourself. Anything that has you stopping and focusing on you and your needs.
- It all starts with you choosing to take time for you, choosing to come back to yourself. Changes are possible and it starts with tiny, simple, practical, actionable steps.
What I love that has assisted me to come back to self after doing the above is:
- making a cuppa and sitting outside listening to nature and tuning into my surroundings.
- watching a movie or favourite series.
- listening to music, whatever I feel I need at the time.
- Laying down with my legs up against the wall. This instantly calms my nervous system and reconnects me back to self.
- Yin Yoga and focusing on my breath.
- Time in nature, either the beach or a walk in the bush.
- Pulling a card and journaling.
Each day we get to choose what we do, how we behave and how we respond to life’s events. Each day it is up to each of us to come back to self and fill up our cup and nurture ourselves. When we do this we feel connected to self and to spirit and live a more fulfilled meaningful life.
If you would love clarity, guidance on any area of your life, I offer one of one intuitive healing sessions. You can connect with me at: www.connectingwithjacqueline.com or email@example.com