I have been working with and assisting people change their perspectives and live better, more fulfilled lives for over 38 years now and in that time, I have discovered that one of the biggest topics of confusion, and discovery, is purpose.
There comes a point in every person’s life when they ask themselves:
- What am I here to do or be?
- What has my life been about so far?
- Has it all been wasted?
- Is this all there is?
I have certainly been there…many times!
As humans, and due to the way we are societally trained, we tend to focus on survival for the most part in our lives. We get an education, gain knowledge, get that job we think we will like, work hard, provide for ourselves and our families, do our best and in our spare time we imagine what life would be like if we were really doing something that made a difference.
If this is you right now, I want you to know:
The world in you, is calling you. Through everything you do, feel, experience and live.
Your purpose is hidden in plain sight in everything you do that brings you peace and joy. Simple. And you are more than likely living some part of your purpose already.
Often, we can make it more complicated than it actually is!
Ask yourself these 3 questions right now:
- What brings you joy when you are doing it? What is that thing that really lights you up? That experience, feeling, action, creative expression that makes time disappear in those moments?
- What is the one thing you can’t wait to help others with each day? That thing that you most likely already do every day but because it comes so naturally to you, you don’t think about it.
- What would you do (and probably are doing already) that you would do even if you did not get paid for it? This is another way of asking yourself about what really lights you up. You may also get that little voice in your head about this thing that says – you can’t make a living doing that!
My purpose is to shine a light into the possibilities that exist for people. Change their perspective on what it means to live their best life. To truly be living a life that matters to them. To love themselves fully and see what a magnificent being they are.
I have been doing this since I was 17 (probably earlier). It is innate in me. It takes little effort and I do it whether I am paid or not. It brings me joy and fulfills my day.
You could be in your purpose daily too, and not even know it! When you get too caught up on ‘how’ living your purpose is meant to look, you can totally miss the fact that it already is there and happening for you.
How you live your purpose with more ease and support is then the next question you may be asking, and I will bring that discussion to you next month in my column.
I assist and guide the members of my private membership group with these issues and more daily, and I love seeing them rising in their life in ways they never thought possible! Living their purpose and passion in ways that fulfil and support them.
I would love to know more about you and your purpose! Connect with me here and let’s have a conversation:
M: 0403 489 013