2 cups of almond meal
4 very ripe bananas (mashed)
4 eggs beaten
1/4 cup coconut (shredded or desiccated)
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
squeeze of lemon
1/2 cup wild organic berries
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. You can use a loaf tin or a large 12 cup muffin tray. Lightly grease with coconut oil, then line with baking paper or muffin patties.
3. Mix together the melted coconut oil, eggs, baking powder and lemon juice. Then add the mashed bananas.
4. Mix together the dry ingredients. Fold the wet ingredients through until just combined.
5. Fold through berries. Pour mixture into lined loaf pan or muffin tins.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes for muffins or 45-60 minutes for the loaf. The usual insert of a skewer will do the trick in checking. It should come out mostly clean.
7. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes in the tray. Then you can turn it out onto a wire rack to cool.
8. Slice and enjoy it just as it is.
Can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days… (if it lasts that long). We also love it cold from the fridge.
This delicious yet simple banana loaf, is made using almond meal instead of flour, making it a perfect gluten free loaf. It makes a great snack for kids, due to the wholesome, nutrient dense ingredients. Feel free to decorate with a sliced banana (like we have in the photo) for a nutritious morning tea option.
We always use organic ingredients and foods that are as natural as can be. It’s free from artificial additives, preservatives and nasty chemicals. Organic food is the way our food used to be grown.
By Katrina Mckenzie, The Real Grocer