By ANNA BRADLEY
After suffering various health issues over the past decade, leaving the HR profession, welcoming children into the world and deciding to give up the hustle and bustle of city life, my family moved to the Wide Bay-Burnett region and back into the farming industry. However, shortly after the move, I was diagnosed with a degenerative autoimmune disease, Ankylosing Spondylitis – an inflammatory arthritis affecting the spine and joints, which was exacerbated by a heavy metal, vitamin and mineral imbalance.
My continuing struggle with health, saw me make progressive long-term healthy lifestyle changes and set the wheels in motion for my desire to share my story and products I now use. And so ‘Revitalise Naturally’; an online health and beauty store was conceived.
You’ll find: Gluten, dairy, ketogenic, FODMAP, paleo and autoimmune paleo protocol friendly consumables, eco-friendly, toxin-free, biodegradable, phosphate and cruelty free natural home products, essential beauty and body products, including certified organic makeup, vegan makeup, facial cleansers, moisturisers, body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, natural baby care products, a growing range of supplements and superfoods, certified organic essential oils and perfumes, healthy recipes and other resources.
Avocado and Quinoa Summer Salad
250g cherry tomatoes
1 cos lettuce or bunch of silverbeet
1 tbsp Banaban organic coconut oil
2 cups of Nutra Organics vegetable low FODMAP broth
1 cup Lotus quinoa
A pinch of Planet Organic cracked pepper
A pinch of Nirvana Organics Himalayan crystal salt
2 Planet Organic bay leaves
1. Wash the tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and lettuce (we love using Dr Bronner’s Castile soap in baby unscented for this).
2. Then, slice the onion, add to a frying pan along with the coconut oil and cook on a low-medium heat until caramelised (about 30 minutes), stirring occasionally. Once caramelised and cool, transfer to the salad bowl.
3. While the onion is caramelising, rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with the veggie broth (prepare as per instructions on packet), bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on a low-medium heat for 20 minutes or until cooked through, stirring with a fork occasionally. Allow to cool, remove the bay leaves and add to the salad bowl.
4. Then, slice the tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and grate the carrots and place in the salad bowl.
5. Toss to combine and serve with a scoop of avocado and squeeze of lemon juice.
ANNA and her team are passionate about health and bringing you the very best products for your health and wellbeing at affordable prices. Head over to www.revitalisenaturally.com.au