From my travel diary. Day 28, East Coast Tasmania.
I grew up with a mother who loved camping. We would pack up the old saggy canvas tent and the kero stove and we’d spend the summer holidays at the beach exploring the rock pools, swimming, getting sun burnt and hanging out with new summer friends.
I still love camping, exploring rock pools, swimming and meeting new people.
These past several weeks of traveling through our beautiful country has slowly but surely helped loosen the bindings of patterns that have tiptoed into my life over the years.
Doing the same things in the same way stifles inspiration and creativity.
Situating ourselves in a completely different environment creates motion and situational responses that must be fluid and powerful.
Offset this with the stability and protection a home provides and we have a balance between the two strands that unite in the one…. male and female principles.
Our home is where our camp is, it provides shelter, a place to rest and eat after exploring & adventuring.
Balance has been a lot in my thoughts as I clamber over rocks, wade through soft sand, kayak and cycle and because I’m unfettered by time constraints and other responsibilities, I have opportunities to think on how my physical balance manifests in my psych and spirit and these are my thoughts…
- Come into your body, movement comes from within and flows outwards.
- Our body is the creation of our mind. A balanced body harmonises with a balanced psych and spirit.
- If there is imbalance between work and home life, balance it out….more family time and less work time.
- Become aware of your feet. Massage them, move the bones, moisturise them, walk barefoot on the earth.
- Focus on your back and spine as often as possible and become familiar through feeling, the division of labour between your abdomen (female principle) and back (male principle).
- Focus on higher consciousness as often as possible.
- Plant your feet firmly on the earth and allow your spirit to lift up into the light source, this is where ideas and inspiration lie, bring it back down into your body, then create matter from your inspired genius.
- Balance is the source of existence, a responsive communication between two opposing harmonious forces.
- Find the stillness within the motion and let it be so.