What are rituals? They are different from our habits. Our habits are where we automatically do something, like getting up in the morning and going about our morning routine, making breakfast, and starting our day. There is very little conscious thought put into it. Often, we don’t even remember doing the habit, it is so automatic.
Rituals are done with purpose, with conscious choice and deliberate action. When we consciously perform a ritual it can provide us with clarity, purpose, and mindfulness of what is going on for us. Rituals offer us a chance to become very present in that moment, assist in creating energetic shifts, healing, renewing our connection to self and having a deeper connection within to hear our own guidance.
Rituals require us to consciously make time and prepare for them. For example, you may do a Full Moon ritual. You need to find out when the next full moon is, possibly research what it is about, prepare what you want to have with you, like candles, incense, oracle cards or a journal. You can use the energy of the full Moon to release what no longer serves you and invite in what you would love to have in your world. It offers you a deeper soul connection and conscious creation of your life.
Here are tips on how to create your own rituals:
- Keep it simple. Don’t overcomplicate it.
- Identify what types of rituals you can do. Which ones resonate with you?
- Identify an area of your life that you would like to focus on for a ritual. For example: career, relationships, a deeper connection to self.
- Plan it – choose if you will have daily, weekly, monthly rituals. What will they be?
- Set reminders for yourself to make time for your ritual and give yourself plenty of time to prepare for it.
- Be conscious and present in preparing your ritual.
- Create your own space to do your rituals.
- Gather the items that you wish to include in your ritual.
- Make sure you will not be disturbed when doing your ritual. This is your time.
- BE Present.
Types of Rituals
- Sacred Cacao Ceremonies/Rituals – this can be used to conscious release and invite anything in your life.
- Smudging your environment can shift and change the energy
- Full Moon and New Moon
- Bedtime Rituals
- Daily Meditation
- Daily yoga or any form of exercise.
- Family rituals for birthdays, weddings, death.
- Various religions and cultural rituals.
I’m sure there are many others that you can think of or even start with some of the suggestions here. I’d love to hear from you with what rituals you currently do or if this inspires you to start your own ritual practices.
“Rituals inspire us to create a deeper connection with self.” Jacqueline Murray
With Love and Gratitude