It’s love month again and every year it reminds me that I am single.
Life and media show me that I may be missing out on the things that couples receive this month and the love and connection they have.
Is that really true though?
Years ago, it really affected me, but now not so much. Yes, there is a part of me that wants to be in a relationship, but I don’t feel left out and can honestly say I am thrilled when I see loving couples making each other feel special on Valentine’s Day!
Whether you are single or in a relationship, I feel it is important to make yourself the love of your life.
What do I mean by that?
Love you. Do things that make you feel special. Treat yourself like you are your own Valentine and not just in love month! Every day of the year!
How would being your own Valentine look on a daily basis if you were to adopt this perspective?
Here are 10 ways to be your own Valentine:
- Looking in the mirror and say- I Love You.
- Leave yourself a post-it note on the fridge that says- You look great!
- Take yourself out to dinner.
- Send yourself a beautiful card in the mail that says nice things to you.
- Buy yourself flowers each week.
- Wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze hard.
- Reward yourself for doing a great job more often!
- Make an effort to feel good each day for yourself.
- Have regular massages, spa days or retreats days.
- Chocolates never go out of style 😉
Loving yourself goes out into the universe like a big hug and it will come back to you in so many ways. As soon as you can cease to rely on feeling good from external circumstances or people, and feel good first, your experience will be enhanced beyond your imagination.
Happy Valentines every day!
Ask Trish about her sessions, classes and readings at: https://trishrock.com/
And follow her at: https://www.facebook.com/TrishRockAbundance