Here we are in December and 2022 is coming to a close. At this time of year for me it feels as though time speeds up and there is more to do. I also take the opportunity to pause and reflect upon what my year has been like. Do you ever stop and acknowledge you and what you have achieved, changed and how far you truly have come in the year? It can be easy to push your year aside and keep moving on. I’ve found that by doing that I only focus on what I haven’t said I would do or what I haven’t done, instead of what I have achieved. I’ve had many clients say the same thing and what happens during a session with me is they pause and reflect on their year. They get to look within and see their achievements, the changes they have made and acknowledge themselves. They know there is more they would like and this is ok, this is for the next planning stage as they move into the New Year. Our life changes with each small step we take and then the next step and next step.
This year has been a massive overhaul for me: Career change, self care changes, business changes and both the kids making significant changes in their worlds. I’m sure there is way more but here are some highlights:
- 2022 started off with me having time off and being offered space to make a significant career change. I dug deep and made a decision that would impact me on many levels. I trusted, took a leap and looking back now, I know that it was a great choice. What this did for me was create more space in my world for deep healing and self care that I have never done before. I learnt to STOP. Stop being on the rollercoaster of doing and doing. My health improved and there is more balance in all areas of my life. It also freed up time for me to focus on growing my business and opening up mentoring sessions for clients and some online programs, more to come in the New Year.
- There has been lots of reflection about who I am, who I am becoming, what I will accept and wont accept in my life and what I would love to add to my life. This part has not been easy but oh so worth it. Being a mum of two amazing kids and watching them grow into their own persons has been wonderful and hard at times. Our relationship is changing and navigating that world of letting go and being there when needed. Seeing both of them make way in their chosen careers and moving ahead in achieving their dreams fills my heart. I cherish each moment I spend with them.
- Self care – this one has been a big one for me. I’ve come to know myself through taking time for self care which consisted of a lot of reflection about who I am, what I chose in life, what I desire in life and what I needed to choose to heal myself on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level. I stripped it all back and only added back in what I truly wanted in my life. I took small achievable sustainable steps when making changes, even when I felt frustrated that it wasn’t going fast enough I was present with myself and moved through it. Reflecting now after nearly twelve months I can see significant changes and can feel how much stronger I am. This wasn’t always easy and there were many times where the depth of my pain almost consumed me. This is where the support of loved ones and my wellbeing tool kit (this is filled with strategies and tools that I have shared with clients and used myself for over 20 years) got me through these times. We all have strategies that we have come across over the years and if we use them they can create change for you.
Reflecting on our life is such a gift. It gives us the gift of pausing in our busy lives to acknowledge who we are, where we are at, what we have achieved and where we would like to head. Without this level of truth and honesty with ourselves, where does that really leave us? I think by taking a moment to reflect we get to acknowledge the good and not so good things that have taken place throughout the year. We get to see how far we have come and how strong we truly are. As we prepare to finish off 2022 and invite in 2023, I’d like to offer you some questions that you can use to reflect upon your year.
- What have you achieved in 2022 in relationships, career/business, finances, self care, family and anything else that is significant for you.
- What are you grateful for in 2022?
- What goals did you set for yourself and achieve?
- What goals did you not achieve? Why? Do you really want it?
- What changed for you that you never thought you’d get through and did?
- What did you discover about who you are? Was there an event that occured that showed you more of you?
- What habits did you change?
- What are your priorities in life?
- What changes have you made in your personal relationships?
- What are you proud of?
- What changes have you made for your mental, physical, emotional and spiritual self?
Make time in your life to reflect upon your year and see how truly magical you are. Acknowledge you for being all that you are. You are enough.
Here are a few questions to start contemplating as we move into 2023:
- What dreams/goals do you have? What steps can you start taking towards these?
- What changes are needed and which ones will you choose to look at and take action on? Remember small sustainable actions create lasting habits.
- What would you do if you knew it would happen if you did it?
- What self care will you include in your life? What would you add more of? Will you prioritise you?
You are an amazing being that has so much to offer. Do you see you? Do you see the gift you truly are? I wish for you love, peace and kindness.
Much love and blessings